Sunday, August 21, 2016

Stupid and Annoying Questions


I just learnt that marriage life is what it is. It brings lots of joy and challengers for both of us but also brings a lot of pressure as well from the people around us. Especially families and friends. I'm not sure whether western marriages have these issues as well.. but we are Asian so we have these.. maybe we aren't the worst scenario.. but it still happens.
Before we got married, we spent 2 years together and people were already asking when we will be getting married. Finally we got married when I was 26 and he was 27. After we got married, due to financial reasons and all, we have changed our honeymoon plan trip bound for UK to a trip to Japan. (Which is one of my favourite country to visit of all time!) But work have taken time upon us. It's been really hectic and chaotic since Jeff have just started his own business. So we are postponing to end of this year. People like to comment kn unecessary things. No one seems to understand this and keep asking the stupid and annoying question #1 "when are you going for your honeymoon? Why are you changing routes? Why are you going to Japan?"

I, as a wife, was fine that my honeymoon was postponed and change its route. I know the situations and all. However people around me weren't so thrilled. I feel that the people around me never appreciate what they have and I know they want the best of me but sometimes their questions just burdens me. Why can't they just let us decide what we want to do in life and stop pestering us with these questions.. why can't they just mind their own business. They should worry what they're gonna do with their lives instead of bothering other people. I guess they just don't realised how much they are suffocating me. My place here is already suffocating me.. I don't need other people to make that worst.

Stupid and Annoying Question #2 "When are you having babies?" And they add.. "You guys are getting old.." Really? I myself don't feel old at 26 years old nor will I be at the end of the year when I'm 27 years old. I wanna have babies when we are ready; financially, emotionally and more. My main necessities in life haven't been fulfiled yet!

I realised that a lot of people always want to be involved in other people's life and they can't even fix their own life problems. So nosy. I'm sure when I'm pregnant everyone will want to be involved in the pregnancy. From what I eat, what I do.. everything. I'm sure of it. Right now, I'm feeling all these pressures and more and they don't even see how I'm not coping here. I'm choked. But no one cares right. All they like to do is ask those stupid and annoying questions. Why aren't you pregnant? You won't be able to do it if you hold it for too long.. Where are you gonna give birth? Where will you school your kids? 

We have so much shit happening in our own lives.. why can't they just be in theirs?

So in the end, there is only the two of us.

Love, 
Jeff Cha <3

"Make someone happy today, mind your own business"
- Ann Landers

No comments:

Post a Comment