Friday, August 12, 2016

Patch of Green


We managed to finally re did our backyard. It was full of old and unused furniture, old items and I felt so cramped. I keep telling Jeffry to put some greens in the house and finally he did it! We re did the backyard! We managed to get people to help make this bed of greens at the back. I planted climbing dollar at the back and I hope it's attaching itself to the wall as we speak! The walls of my childhood backyard was full of climbing dollar and I loved it, so I want to bring it here to our homes in Solo. 
We got this called "rumput gajah" or elephant grass (room-put gah-jar) from Pasar Nangka (par-sur nah-ng-car) for Rp.15,000 each per sack / m2 and "dolar" or climbing dollar is Rp. 7,000 per plant. I bought way too many for my little patch. They guy who did my backyard wanted to save the grass and didn't plant the grass close enough. So there is still patches of soil here and there. I got a bit pissed but what can you do. They have no clue by doing that they are wasting more money cuz now I have about 6 sacks of grass lying on my garage!! The dollar is planted well, I just hope they are clinging onto something soon.

Apparently the good thing about this elephant grass is that you won't need to mow it as they grow sideways. The more exposure to the sun, the smaller the leaves will be and so the lesser exposure to the sun makes the leaves thick. I wanted mine to be small and be like a carpet of grass but it'll take a while. The soil here in Indonesia is very fertile compare to Australia where it's just sand.. and more sands so I always have no problems planting plants here.

There are still a lot to do with this run-down house. Yes, I am living in a run-down house. Feeling the sadness running through me as I have never lived in a place like this. So much to renovate! Thus, I need my patch of green!

I hope this patch of green will lessen my homesickness as I sip on my cup of tea.

Love, 
JeffCha <3

"Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises"
-Pedro Calderon de la Barca

No comments:

Post a Comment