Saturday, August 06, 2016

Bakso Alex

Bakso - An Indonesian beef meatball soup dish. Usually served with vermicelli or yellow egg noodle (or both), salted vegetables, crispy wontons and shallots. Bakso originated from China and was brought to Indonesia by Chinese immigrants. 

Finding a clean, delicious food with nice seatings in Solo can be challenging. Today, I ate at "Bakso Alex". Which is franchised throughout Solo. All of the restaurants are always packed with people, so I decided to give it a go. We went there around 14.30 today. If you happen to be in Solo and decided to give this a try, just look out for this banner: (I'll give a few of the restaurants' address at the end)

Their menu is hung up on the wall and there is no price on it. I've translated the menu down below.. they're pretty straight forward;


Bakso Urat (Meatball with Tendon), 
Bakso Halus (Standard Meatball), 
Bakso Komplit ( Complete Meatballs), 
Bakso Super Komplit (Super Complete Meatballs), 
Mie Ayam (Chicken Noodles), 
Mie Bakso (Meatballs Noodles),
Ayam Kampung Goreng (Fried Local Chicken),
Balungan (Beef Neck Bones)

The drinks are pretty standard in all Indonesian restaurants:
Aneka Juice (Various Juice)
Es Buah Segar (Fresh Fruits with Shaved Ice and Syrup)
Teh Hangat / Es (Hot / Ice Tea)
Jeruk Hangat / Es (Hot / Ice Orange Juice)
Es Cappucino (Ice Cappucino)

I decided to order Bakso Komplit with rice and Es Jeruk.

I got 2 bakso urat, 3 bakso halus, 2 fried wontons and the vegetables on the side. Thank god I ordered 1 rice for both of us. The rice portions were too much for me to eat alone. The drink was quite sweet at the bottom but it's pretty refreshing I gotta say. 


On the table they have provided Indonesian sambal (chilli), dark soy sauce, light soy sauce vinegar and fried krupuk (crackers) at only Rp. 500 each!

I tried at two different location for Bakso Alex. One near Solo Baru and the other one at Jalan Yosodipuro. The one at Solo Baru is quite new so I prefer the one there. Not too crowded and you get extra tendons on your soup as well! Bonus if you like tendons! :)

The amazing thing is, this Bakso Komplit is only Rp. 16,000 per portion and this is one of the expensive ones on the menu! Imagine how cheap is the standard Bakso soup!

Here are a couple of the outlets: (There are so many more outlets but I can't recall them all. I'm also not sure about the address in Solo Baru, since it's new and I have no idea about the name of the road, you'll know why when you live in Indonesia, the road sign aren't visible enough)

- Jl. Yosodipuro 12B, Banjarsari, Solo
- Jl. Gajah Mada 62, Solo

Oke, that's it for Bakso!

Love,
JeffCha <3

No comments:

Post a Comment