Thursday, August 11, 2016

Gumaya Tower Hotel, Semarang

Where? Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia
When? July 2016

Just before I made this blog, I stayed at this 5 star hotel in Semarang. 

The first thing I notice is that they have not much parking space. I guess this is to all places in Indonesia, they never can estimate their needs for parking space. The lobby was great, and so it the receptionist who greeted us and helped us checked in. The room was great (sorry I lost my photos of the rooms! Next time, I shall upload these photos first online!) but nothing special than that. It's a standard hotel room. Quiet and nice. The TV doesn't have much channels, as I was expecting more. I could only found 1 power socket near the bed that I could use for charging. So I had to share this with Jeff. Such a hassle. Only one!

The only disastrous thing was the buffet breakfast. So breakfast started at 6:00am and I came a bit after that at 6:30am and was expecting that the foods are still fresh and the varieties are all there. They actually have a wide varieties of breakfast from breads, dim sums, fried rice, porridge and much more. I went to sit down at a table and was wondering why no one has come for my coffee or tea. Was I meant to get them myself? I looked around and there is no sign of any of it. So I decided to just go to the bread section, my favourite section for breakfast and found the sign "butter" with no butter in sight. So I asked the waiter about the butter and he said he will get it. I waited and waited and waited. And that waiter is no where in sight! So I asked another waiter, and again, I waited and waited. I mean, if there is NO butter, just say it and I will eat my bread without it. But don't keep me waiting for my butter. I love my butter.

Anyway, after my third attempts of butter asking, I gave up and ate my bread with my eggs instead. The dim sum was ridiculous and definitely not appetizing. They only had about 3 different varieties. I took a shumai (which is a Chinese steamed dumpling) and it was so tiny and the taste was definitely not to my liking. 

Jeff took the fried rice and said it was also not to his liking. So this definitely worsens my day as well. I decided to go to the fresh fruits section. And guess what? NO FRUITS!! OMG! I want my fruitss... :( I asked the waiter and guess what happens? They disappeared into the back and never returns to me.

It's still not even 7:00am and the foods are all either not ready or no where to be seen. I was pissed at that moment and decided to call it a day.

Also, one of our relatives had problems with the hotels payment as he had paid for a lot of his guests' rooms but the hotels charged the guests payments as well. So they had double payments. It was all a mess and chaotic at checked out.

Anyway, I hope you have a different experience than me at this hotel. I enjoyed staying here but the food was definitely disappointing

Love,
JeffCha <3

No comments:

Post a Comment