Friday, October 14, 2016

Phuket airport shuttle, sim card and motorbike!

So last year when I went to Phuket I booked my airport shuttle with phuketshuttle. However this year, I found a cheaper company costing only 600 Baht from the airport to Patong. The other one was 800 Baht. This year, we went with SRC Travel. At first I tried to book online but it didn't have an option to pay in cash, so I contacted them through email and they gave me a confirmation to pay to the driver when I arrived.
When we arrived it was thankfully sunny! We arrived at the new Phuket airport and as we came out of the airport I went to get my Thai phone sim. After all the baggage claim, go outside and on your right you will see a red counter in English and Thai. You will definitely see the sim counter 'TrueMove'. I got the one week sim card which was for around 300 Baht if I remember. Quite a good deal and I realised that the internet in Phuket is so much better compared to what we have here in Indonesia.



Sorry I didn't take a picture of the counter as it was hectic at that time and I just totally forgot about it. >○<

I read a lot of reviews about Phuket and a lot of people doesn't recommend renting a motorbike during their trip cuz apparently of the dangerous traffic and such. I think that's just rubbish. If you are an adventurous person, go for it! The traffic in Phuket is not as bad as Indonesia. As long as you just drive properly, you'll be fine! The road are all well made.. no holes and such. By the way, if you don't have a motorbike license in your home country, don't drive near Phuket Town or in major roads at Phuket Town. The cops sometimes do random check over there and asked for your overseas motorbike license. We got stopped at Phuket Town for the random check (thank god we did have our motorbike license.. but so many tourists got fine for not having the proper license. If you're driving outside of town, you'll be fine anywhere.. we never got asked.


This time we got a free motorbike that came with our accomodation! However we rented our bike last year from a company called Elizabeth at Patong Beach near the family mart on the corner.. but we went there again this year and the place was closed. I have no idea whether they moved or really closed down. Last year we paid around 200 baht-ish per day for the bike. No deposit. When we tried to book through our hotel, they said most of the place in Phuket asked for a deposit, which I didn't wanna do. So it was lucky we found Elizabeth! Anyway, if you are coming down to Phuket, make sure you compare prices and asked whether there is a deposit to it. There are sooo many bike rentals around.. just go have a look. I prefer to go to a proper rental area rather than the one on the side of the street though.. since I can't speak any Thai and I was just worried I might get cheated in some way.

Anyway, just travel and enjoy. Xoxo

Love,
Jeffcha

No comments:

Post a Comment