Thursday, November 03, 2016

Is Tokyo expensive? & Realisation

Everytime I hear people talked about Tokyo or Japan in general.. they always say how expensive it is.  So as we gave everything a try for the past week here in Tokyo.. and we found that it's not as expensive as what everyone said. Oke, so my past has been born in Indonesia, moved to Singapore for primary school then I moved to Australia when I was in grade 6. And I continued my life in Aussie until I graduated from university. So that's what I'm comparing them to.

Well, of course if you dine in a 5 star hotel or go for fine dining, it is always expensive. Western food are obviously much dearer than Japanese food. You're in Japan! Tourist friendly restaurants are usually much more expensive as well. We went for local food and they are much cheaper than what I was eating in Aussie. 

I tried Tokyo Ramen at Kita-Senju. Apparently it's one of Tokyo's most famous ramen (said Hiro-san who was a local). Their shoyu ramen was around ¥700. Well we went the other day to Shinbamba Station (新馬場駅) and ate a 600 gram pork ramen which was enormous. Definitely need to share! That was ¥1300 (it was so huge we had to share!). And Jeffry is usually not the type to share his ramen. We usually ordered one each-! The place is called 肉汁らーめん 公 (Nikujiru ramen Kimi). 

So anyhoooo.. I will upload the pictures soon. It's all in my sd card and I haven't extract it!!

I am having a realisation here in Japan. It's sad, really. I've been thinking about life and what it all means. Why am I stuck in a shithole.. I need to do something about it. Stop talking and start doing I guess but it's harder in real life than said. I've been doing a lot of thinking here in Japan as we walked, getting lost in a suburban area  under the moonlight, being on a crowded train, cafe-ing just watching people passes by.. I've been living life taking advantages of everything. Not realising how lucky I was. 

But really, I am having some kind of home sickness, where I am just sick of everything in Indonesia. And as I travel, I feel a sense of freedom and happiness filled around me that I never felt back in Indonesia. I really don't wanna go back to Indo. I love it here in Tokyo. I wish I could just stay here forever.

I hope things will get better soon. At the mean time, I will enjoy my time in Tokyo.

Ta,

Cha

No comments:

Post a Comment